YIELDS | 4-6 SERVINGS
PREP TIME | 10 MINS Plus Marinating time
COOK TIME | 35 MINS
The marinade of olive oil and rosemary permeates and tenderizes the fish and the balsamic and honey melt in your mouth. This dish makes a beautiful presentation for any special occasional but its so easy to make, you will find yourself making it during the week often. No smoker? No worries. This dish works well in the oven too.
• 1 whole Norwegian salmon with skin
• 1 large sprig of Rosemary, stem removed and leaves finely chopped
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• salt and pepper to taste
• 1/4 cup honey
• 3 tablespoons good balsamic vinegar
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
•Freshly ground pepper
1. Brush salmon with olive oil and then sprinkle on salt, pepper and chopped rosemary. Cover with parchment paper and let sit in the refrigerator 2-4 hours. Take the salmon out of the refrigerator one hour before cooking to bring it to room temperature.
2. While the salmon sits, make the glaze. Brush half the glaze onto both side of the fish.
3. Start smoker and let smoke 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, put the smoker on 225 degrees and cook the salmon until it reaches the temperature of 125-130, roughly, 15-20 minutes. Pay attention to the temperature more than to the time. The salmon will be medium-rare in temperature. Cook for 3-5 additional minutes if you prefer a more medium texture.
Brush the remaining glaze over the salmon and serve.
Follow steps 1 and 2.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Unroll the parchment and place it and the fish onto a sheet pan. Bake for 8 minutes for medium and 6-8 minutes for medium rare.
Remove from oven and brush on the remaining glaze and serve.
Take salmon out of the fridge to come to room temperature at least one hour before planning to cook.