YIELDS | 4-6 SERVINGS
PREP TIME | 5 MINS
COOK TIME | 5-7 MINS
These little burgers are fun to eat and the tangy mayo mixed with the Bibb lettuce is super refreshing. They make a fun weekday dinner or a great appetizer to pass at your next dinner or cocktail party. Serve with herbed, roasted potatoes for a complete meal.
• 1 large head of Bibb lettuce, rinsed and dried
• 1 pound ground beef or turkey
• 1⁄2 cup soy mayonnaise
• 1 teaspoon chopped chipotle peppers with adobe sauce
• 1 tablespoon dill pickle relish
• Sliced dill pickles
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
• Black pepper to taste
• Ketchup and mustard (optional)
1. Mix ground beef or turkey, salt, and pepper together. Roll meat into 1-inch balls and then press them down to form mini, oval shaped patties.
2. Pour the olive oil into a frying pan over medium heat and cook burgers for 3 to 5 minutes on each side or to taste. While the burgers are cooking, make the “special sauce”
3. Combine the relish, mayo, and chipotle in a small bowl and mix well.
4. Serve the burgers on a platter with Bibb lettuce leaves so everyone can make mini-burgers using lettuce in place of bread or buns. Serve with extra mayo and a slices of dill pickle, wrap and enjoy.