YIELDS | 4-6 SERVINGS
PREP TIME | 10 MINS
COOK TIME | 30 MINS
I guarantee you will convert any Brussels sprout naysayer to an instant fan and asking for more of this super simple, savory and sweet dish. This dish makes a wonderful holiday side dish because it is quick, delicious and tastes like you spent more time than you did to make it.
• 1 1/2 pounds Brussels sprouts, about 36 medium sized, trimmed left whole if small and cut in half lengthwise if larger
• 6 strips thick-cut bacon, chopped
• 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
• 1 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup
• 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
• 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 425°.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
3. Place the Brussels sprouts chopped bacon oil, syrup, and seasoning in a medium sized bowl and toss to coat
6. Spread the Brussels sprouts into an even layer and scatter the bacon evenly around the Brussels sprouts.
7. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes at 425° until the Brussels sprouts and bacon are crisp. Shake the pan hallway through cooking to brown both sides.
8. Pour into a serving bowl and toss with a little salt and pepper. Serve warm