- YIELDS | 4-6 SERVINGS
- PREP TIME | 10 MINS
- COOK TIME | 30 MINS
I guarantee you will convert any Brussels sprout naysayer to an instant fan, asking for more of this super simple, savory, and sweet dish. This makes a wonderful holiday side dish because it is quick, delicious, and tastes like you spent more time than you did to make it.
- 1 1/2 pounds Brussels sprouts, about 36 medium sized, trimmed, left whole if small and cut in half lengthwise if larger
- 6 strips thick-cut bacon, chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 3/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Place the Brussels sprouts, bacon oil, syrup, salt, and pepper in a medium sized bowl and toss to coat
- Spread the Brussels sprouts into a single layer, distributing the bacon as evenly as possible.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, until the Brussels sprouts and bacon are crisp. Shake the pan halfway through cooking to brown both sides.
- Pour into a serving bowl and toss with a little extra salt and pepper. Serve warm.