- YIELDS | 4 SERVINGS
- PREP TIME | 10 MINS
- COOK TIME | 45 MINS
The creamy avocado and piquant flavor from the peppers mix beautifully with the Parmesan cheese. This frittata is simple to make and easy to eat. Add sun-dried tomatoes or spinach to change it up.
- 16-ounce carton egg whites
- 2 medium poblano peppers, rinsed, stem and seeds removed, chopped
- 2 banana peppers, rinsed, stem and seeds removed, chopped
- 1 medium to large avocado, ripe, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 plump garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup grated Parmesan or Romano Pecorino cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil plus more to coat baking dish
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In a medium sauté pan over medium heat, add the tablespoon olive oil, garlic, and chopped peppers. Cook for 6-8 minutes until soft.
- Coat a baking dish with olive oil. Shake the carton of egg whites vigorously and slowly pour entire carton into the baking dish. Add half of the Parmesan cheese and then the sautéed peppers and garlic. Sprinkle with a little kosher salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Evenly top the egg whites with the avocado and cherry tomato halves and sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Put the baking dish on the middle rack of the oven.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes until golden brown. Frittata is finished when an inserted tooth pick come out clean.
Serve with fresh fruit and or a crisp green salad tossed with Basic Dressing or a simple vinaigrette.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!