- YIELDS | 2 SERVINGS
- PREP TIME | 5 MINS
- COOK TIME | 30 MINS
This is a warm and soothing cocktail spiked with loads of cinnamon, cloves, and allspice, and garnished with crystallized ginger. It will warm you up quickly on a cold day and tastes wonderful as a non-alcoholic spritzer too. The spiced simple syrup is easy to make and great to have on hand for your next holiday gathering. Make a few batches and put into pretty bottles to give as a gifts.
Winter Spiced Simple Syrup
makes approximately 1 1/2 cups
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 2 cloves
- 2 allspice berries
- 1 star anise
- 1 strip clementine zest
Winter Spiced Martini or Bourbon
- 2 ounces Winter Spiced Simple Syrup
- 4 ounces vodka or bourbon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Crystallized ginger and or cinnamon stick for garnish
- Bring all ingredients to a boil in a small sauce pan over medium heat. Reduce to a simmer, stirring occasionally until sugar has dissolved, about 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, cover, and allow to cool completely, about 30-45 minutes.
- Strain into a jar with a tight fitting lid such as a canning jar and store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks, or freeze into cubes to use later.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Add all the ingredients to the shaker and shake well.
- Strain into pretty glasses and garnish with crystallized ginger and/or cinnamon stick.