- YIELDS | 4 SERVINGS
- PREP TIME | 10 MINS
- COOK TIME | 35 MINS
This stew is warm, fragrant, and very filling. Serve it with crusty bread and a green salad.
Double Duty Recipe: Turn your leftovers into delicious White Bean Soup. Blend 2 cups of warm stew with 1 cup or more of chicken or vegetable broth in a high speed blender until smooth. Add additional broth if soup is too thick. Add 1/4 pound chopped uncured ham or cooked chicken (optional) and stir well. Sprinkle with sea salt and pepper to taste. Serve or refrigerate in containers for lunch.
- 15-ounce cans great northern, white or navy beans
- 1 large carrot, chopped, about one cup
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped, about 3/4 cup
- 2 large celery stalks chopped, about 1 cup
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon thyme, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- In a medium pot, sauté onion and garlic over medium heat until onion is translucent.
- Add carrots and celery. Cook until the veggies begin to soften, 4-5 minutes.
- Add broth, beans, and herbs. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Add sea salt and pepper to taste.