YIELDS | 1.5 Cups or 6-8 SERVINGS
PREP TIME | 10 MINS
COOK TIME | 1 hr 30 MINS
I love the versatility of this recipe. Smear this spoon-licking jam on warm bread buttered with brie or creamcheese or place a spoonful between a slice of ham and cheese for a savory sweet sandwich. You will want to make a double batch. It is that versatile!
* 2 pounds tomatoes, Roma, plum or a combination, cored and roughly chopped.
* 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
* 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
* 2 plump garlic cloves, minced
* 1 teaspoon kosher salt
* 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
* 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
* 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes or to taste
* Crackers, bread and cream cheese, optional
1. Add all the ingredients to medium-sized, heavy pot with lid or dutch oven. Over medium-high heat, bring the mixture to a boil and stir.
2. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until the mixture has thickened to a jammy consistency about 1-1/2-2 hours. Season to taste with additional salt and or red chili flakes.
3. Pour the jam into small glass containers or canning jars, seal the lids and refrigerate until ready to use. Use within 2weeks.
4. Serve chilled tomato jam with warm bread, hearty crackers and with a side of cream cheese, if using and a glass of white wine or a good beer.
What Do You Eat with Tomato Jam?
* Spread it on crackers over brie or cream cheese.
* Add it to grilled ham and cheese sandwichs
* Try it with eggs of any kind, scrambled, sunny side up, omelet.
* Makes a great condiment for hotdogs and cheeseburgers
* Marinate chicken and fish with it for a savory and smoky taste