- YIELDS | 4 SERVINGS
- PREP TIME | 5 MINS
- COOK TIME | 10 MINS
Savory oatmeal is filling, delicious, comforting, and heart-healthy. Add pumpkin seeds and/or walnuts for crunch and an additional boost of nutrition. Try this super easy recipe and taste for yourself.
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed, optional
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, optional
- Olive oil for drizzling
- Walnuts, chopped and or pumpkin seeds, optional
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Follow the directions on the oatmeal label, but substitute chicken or vegetable stock for the water.
- Just before serving, stir in flaxseed and/or Parmesan cheese, if using.
- Scoop into bowls, drizzle with olive oil, a pinch of sea salt, pepper, and top with
pumpkin sees and/or walnuts, if using.
Not only is oatmeal very filling, it can help you lose weight, helps to lower LDL levels, and contains a great source of soluble fiber. Olive oil contains a large amount of antioxidants and ground flaxseed is loaded with omega-3s.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!