YIELDS | 14-16 cakes
PREP TIME | 5 MINS
COOK TIME | 5 minutes per batch
These fluffy discs of yumminess are filled with lots of good enzymes and healthy antioxidants. The sweetness from the ginger and pumpkin and the crunch of the pumpkin seeds plus the drizzle of warm maple syrup make these pancakes a go-to-favorite. Plus the garnish of extra pumpkin and or sunflower seeds sneak in extra nutrition.
* Two cups self-raising flour such as Bisquick
* 1 cup milk of choice.
* 2 eggs
* 1-14oz can pumpkin puree
* 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
* 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
* 1/4 cup hulled, raw pumpkin seeds and or sunflower seeds, divided to us some as garnish
* Maple syrup for serving
1. Heat a large cast iron skillet or pan on medium heat.
2. While the pan heats up, mix all the ingredients except for the seeds together. If the mixture is too thick, thin with a bit of water.
3. Coat the bottom of the pan with nonstick cooking spray or butter and dollop the pumpkin mixture into the pan. Be sure not to overcrowd so you can flip the cakes easily.
4. Evenly sprinkle some of the seeds over each pancake and when bubbles appear on the top and the edges start to slightly turn brown, flip and cook for a minute or two more, checking to be sure the pancakes are cooked through.
5. Stack 3-4 pancakes on each plate, drizzle with maple syrup and garnish with remaining seeds.