YIELDS | 6-8 SERVINGS
PREP TIME | 10 MINS
COOK TIME | NA
This sauce is amazingly versatile. The anchovy gives it a rich, deep flavor and the fresh parsley and lemon brighten it up to blend well to serve with steak, poultry, grilled fish and vegetables. I make extra and use it as a condiment during the week.
• 3-4 garlic cloves, chopped
• 2 or more, to taste, anchovy fillets, rinsed and coarsely chopped
• 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed and coarsely chopped
• 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
• 3/4 cup tightly packed flat leaf parsley leaves.
• 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
1. Combine the anchovies, garlic and capers and blend into a paste using a food processor. If you don’t have a food processor you can use a blender or mortar and pestle too.
2. Add the olive oil and parsley and pulse into a purée. Season with a few good cranks of freshly ground pepper and additional salt if necessary.
Double Duty Recipe: Savory Rice. Add two generous tablespoons to a few cups of warm basmati or brown rice and sprinkle with 1/4 fresh parmesan cheese, gently mix and season with freshly ground pepper.
Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.