- YIELDS | 6-8 SERVINGS
- PREP TIME | 10 MINS
- COOK TIME | 0 MINS
This sauce is amazingly versatile. The anchovy gives it a rich, deep flavor and the fresh parsley and lemon brighten it up, which all blends well with steak, poultry, grilled fish, and vegetables. I make extra and use it as a condiment during the week.
Double Duty Recipe: Make savory rice! Add two generous tablespoons of salsa to a few cups of warm basmati or brown rice. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup fresh parmesan cheese, gently mix, and season with freshly ground pepper. Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
- 3-4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 or more, to taste, anchovy fillets, rinsed and coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup tightly packed flat leaf parsley leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Combine the anchovies, garlic, and capers and blend into a paste using a food processor. If you don’t have a food processor you can use a blender or mortar and pestle too.
- Add the olive oil and parsley and pulse into a purée. Season with a few good cranks of freshly ground pepper and additional salt if necessary.