- YIELDS | 4 SERVINGS
- PREP TIME | 10 MINS PLUS MARINATING TIME
- COOK TIME | 16 MINS
This recipe produces a flaky, moist, and flavorful fish. It takes only minutes to assemble but tastes like it took hours to prepare. It is easy enough to pull together for a weeknight dinner yet elegant enough to serve to guests. This recipe will become a “go-to” thanks to simple ingredients. Serve with a side of pasta, brown rice, or quinoa to soak up the rich flavors.
- 4-6 filets of sole or other flaky white fish, about 1 1/2 pounds
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 2 sage leaves per piece of fish, or 1/2 teaspoon dried sage per filet
- 1 cup mixed, marinated, and pitted olives, coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large shallot, minced, about 2 tablespoons
- 1/4 cup Basic Dressing
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, omit if using Basic Dressing
- Grated Pecorino cheese, optional, for serving
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Rinse fish and dry well. Place fish on a parchment paper lined baking sheet or a glass baking dish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place two leaves on each filet or sprinkle the dried sage on each piece of fish.
- Mix all the other ingredients (except cheese) together in a small bowl. Pour mixture evenly over the fish and marinate in the refrigerator for 15 minutes or longer.
- Place the fish in the oven on the lower-middle rack and bake 12-14 minutes or until flaky. Turn the broiler on high and broil for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let sit for 2-3 minutes. Check for seasoning and serve with warm pasta, brown rice, or quinoa to soak up the delicious flavors.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!