YIELDS | 12 SERVINGS
PREP TIME | 15 MINS
COOK TIME | X MINS
Gooey, rich, melty and it tastes just like a thick meaty pizza, any questions? This is a comfort food like no other and is a good recipe to make on a cold winter’s day or for the big game. It travels and freezes well and this favorite family recipe makes enough for a small army.
• 3 bags of 12 oz Reames or Auntie Vi’s frozen noodles
• 4–15 oz. cans of pizza sauce
• 2 lbs hot Italian sausage
• 3–4 oz cans of mushrooms
• 2 lbs shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven two 400 degrees.
2. In a large skillet, brown the sausage, breaking it up into small pieces. Drain and set aside.
3. Boil noodles per package instructions and drain well.
4. In a very large bowl, combine noodles, sausage, pizza sauce, mushrooms and half the cheese and mix well.
5. Coat one very large baking dish or two smaller baking dishes with cooking spray or a coating of oil. Pour the mixture into the baking dish(es) and top with remaining cheese.
6. Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes, remove aluminum foil and cook for an additional 10-15 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.
This recipe tastes even better the second day.
The recipe can easily be cut in half or freeze leftovers for later.