- YIELDS | 4 SERVINGS
- PREP TIME | 10 MINS
- COOK TIME | 35 MINS
This is a semi-homemade, family-pleasing, easy-to-make, and incredibly tasty dish! The secret to this fast, savory, and delicious dish is the store-bought pierogi. This dish comes together in minutes and I guarantee even Brussels sprouts haters will become converts! Use vegan bacon or omit altogether for a vegetarian version.
- 8-10 strips thick cut bacon
- 2 pounds Brussels sprouts, about 30, rinsed, trimmed, cut in half lengthwise
- 2 16-ounce packages frozen Mrs. T’s Pierogies
- 1/4 cup good quality balsamic dressing
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Freshly cracked pepper and kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 425°F. On a baking sheet lined with parchment, spread out the bacon and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove the bacon and set aside. Note: The bacon will not be cooked all the way through.
- Add the sliced Brussels sprouts and still frozen pierogies to the bacon fat and mix together until coated. Pop back in the oven and cook for 10 minutes more.
- While the pierogies and Brussels sprouts bake, chop the bacon.
- Remove the Brussels sprouts and pierogies from the oven and sprinkle with the chopped bacon. Bake for 10 more minutes.
- Remove the pierogi mixture from the oven and let cool slightly. Sprinkle with balsamic vinegar.
- Carefully place the pierogies, bacon, and Brussels sprouts on a serving platter. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, a few good cranks of cracked black pepper, and flaky salt.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!