- YIELDS | 4 SIDES OR 2 MEALS
- PREP TIME | 10 MINS
- MARINATE TIME | 30-60 MINS
Is there anything better than a homegrown tomato? Maybe not, but this recipe comes close. Marinating the fresh tomatoes with extra-virgin olive oil and oregano brings out the sweetness in the tomatoes. Spoon the sauce over pasta, fresh grilled fish, chicken, or eat alone.
- 3 pounds mixed heirloom tomatoes (preferably various colors and sizes), cut into wedges or halved if small
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons oregano leaves (from about 4-6 sprigs)
- 2 teaspoons Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Toss all the ingredients together in a medium bowl. Let sit, stirring occasionally, until juicy and richly flavored, at least 30 minutes and up to 1 hour. Serve at room temperature.
Mix in a can of your favorite drained and rinsed beans and/or artichokes plus a hand full of greens for an easy salad or side dish.