YIELDS | 4 side or 2 meal SERVINGS
PREP TIME | 10 MINS
COOK TIME | 30 Minutes to Marinate
Is there anything better than a homegrown tomato? Maybe not but this recipe comes close. Marinating the fresh tomatoes with extra-virgin olive oil and oregano brings out the sweetness in the tomatoes. Spoon the sauce over pasta, fresh grilled fish, chicken or eat alone.
• 3 lb. mixed heirloom tomatoes (preferably various colors and sizes), cut into wedges or halved if small
• 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
• 2 Tbsp. oregano leaves (from about 4-6 sprigs)
• 2 tsp. kosher salt
• 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1. Toss all the ingredients together in a medium bowl. Let sit and stir occasionally until juicy are richly flavored, at least 30 minutes and up to 1 hour.
2. Serve at room temperature
Mix in a can of your favorite drained and rinsed beans and or artichokes plus a hand full of greens for an easy salad or side dish.