- YIELDS | 4 SERVINGS
- PREP TIME | 10-15 MINS
- COOK TIME | 2.5-3 HRS
These delicious tomatoes can be eaten on their own, with some crusty bread, or as a side dish. I tend to make a big batch to freeze so I can use them throughout the winter months.
Double Duty Recipe: Spoon them into pastas, on top of flatbreads and pizzas, and into stews for a burst of fresh tomato flavor.
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups extra virgin olive oil
- 6 fresh thyme sprigs
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled and lightly smashed, optional
- 6 Serrano peppers, optional
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 225°F.
- Place the tomatoes in a single layer in a baking dish and drizzle them with the oil.
- Add thyme, garlic and salt. Bake until the tomatoes are swollen and the skins are wrinkled. About 2.5-3 hours.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely. Freeze in 1 cup containers along with equal amounts of oil or refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.
I typically make two batches, one batch with thyme and Kosher salt, and one batch with garlic and Serrano pepper for a spicy version.