- YIELDS | 4 SERVINGS
- PREP TIME | 15 MINS
- COOK TIME | 30 MINS
These recipes came by way of Chef Sarah Stegner of Chicago’s Prairie Grass Restaurant. I streamlined the steps to make it easier to prepare for a weeknight meal. The oat bread crumbs give the fish a supreme crunchy bite. The warm summer salad is so delicious you can’t stop going back for seconds and even thirds. You can make these recipes together or separately, using seasonal ingredients.
- 4 4-ounce portions of fish
- 3/4 cup oat flour
- 1 cup oat bread crumbs
- 1 cup clarified butter
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper
- Warm Vegetable Pesto Salad
- Bring the fish to room temperature
- In a skillet large enough not to crowd the fish, over medium heat melt the clarified butter or ghee.
- Season the fish filets with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Coat the fish with the flour, and then coat with beaten eggs, and then dip into the
oat bread crumbs to coat.
- Cook the fish until golden brown on both sides. It should be cooked all the way through. If not, you can turn the heat down and slowly finish it in the pan.
- Remove the fish and transfer to a plate. To serve, spoon 1/4 of the warm vegetable salad mixture onto a dish and place one piece of fish on top.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!