- YIELDS | 4-6 SERVINGS
- PREP TIME | 10 MINS
- COOK TIME | 30 MINS
This recipe is creamy, caramelized, and full of flavor. The broccoli and chickpeas crisp under the broiler while the rest of the recipe comes together. Add butter, lemon zest, and fresh ricotta to create a rich and creamy sauce that pairs well with the charred vegetables. Toss with rice, pasta, or any favorite grain. I love this mixed with farro too!
- Kosher salt
- 1 pound linguine or spaghetti
- 1 bunch broccoli or broccolini, trimmed and cut into thin florets (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- (14-ounce can chickpeas or other white beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 large garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- Black pepper
- 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 8 ounces ricotta, room temperature
- Flaky sea salt
- Preheat the broiler and set the rack about 8 inches from it.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Once the water begins to boil, add the pasta and cook according to package instructions until al dente. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta cooking water, and drain the pasta.
- While you wait for the water to boil and the pasta to cook, in a large bowl, toss the broccoli, chickpeas, garlic, red pepper flakes, and 1/3 cup oil until evenly coated. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread the vegetable mixture out evenly on a sheet pan and broil the broccoli and chickpeas, tossing halfway through cooking, until the chickpeas are toasty and the broccoli is tender and charred, 5-7 minutes. Remove from the oven and sprinkle to taste with salt and pepper.
- Return the pasta to the pot. Add 1/4 cup reserved pasta cooking water, the ricotta, butter, and lemon zest and toss until well combined. Add the roasted vegetables and chick peas and toss, adding more pasta water as needed.
- Drizzle with more oil, if desired, sprinkle with flaky salt and serve.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!