- YIELDS | 4 SERVINGS
- PREP TIME | 5 MINS
- COOK TIME | 20-30 MINS
I love the way this dish smells when it cooks. It is gorgeous thanks to the vibrant green ingredients. This recipe complements whatever entrée it shares the plate with but can easily stand solo too! As an added bonus, the parsley packs a load of nutrients and more vitamin C than citrus fruits!
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 14-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups chicken of vegetable broth
- 1 big bunch flat-leaf parsley, stems removed, finely chopped
- 1 bunch chives, finely chopped, save a few sprigs for garnish
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Add quinoa and broth to rice cooker.
- Mix together herbs, olive oil, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Add to quinoa.
- Cook about 20 minutes, stirring frequently and then add drained chickpeas. Allow quinoa to continue cooking for 10 minutes or until the cooker turns off.
- Fluff with a fork. Drizzle with olive oil, sea salt, and pepper to taste. Garnish with chopped chives and serve.
Add cooked chicken, fried eggs, or tofu for a complete meal
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!