- YIELDS | 6-8 SERVINGS
- PREP TIME | 15 MINS
- COOK TIME | 30 MINS
Quinoa is naturally gluten free and loaded with protein. This salad explodes with flavor. The chewy chickpeas, cool cucumber, and savory lemon vinaigrette make it a healthy crowd pleasing dish. Add a couple handfuls of spinach or some grilled shrimp to make a complete meal.
- 2 cups chicken stock, or more if needed
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 1/2 cup green lentils
- 1/2 cup red pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup green pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup cucumber, diced
- 1/4 cup green onion, diced
- 1/4 cup black olives
- 2 tablespoons capers, minced
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 3 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- Freshly ground pepper and Kosher salt
- Pita, optional
Lemon Vinaigrette Dressing
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced about 1-2 cloves
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- Cook the quinoa and lentils according to their instructions but substitute broth for water. Drain and bring to room temperature, or refrigerate for 20-30 minutes.
- In a medium serving bowl, add the cooked quinoa and lentils, vegetables, chickpeas, black olives, and capers. Mix gently.
- In a small bowl, mix the lemon juice, minced garlic, basil, and oregano together. Whisk in the olive oil until smooth. Pour the dressing over the quinoa and vegetables.
- Sprinkle the feta cheese over the mixture and gently stir. Season to taste with freshly ground pepper and Kosher salt. Serve at room temperature with warm pita, if using.