YIELDS | 4 SERVINGS
PREP TIME | 10 MINS
COOK TIME | 30 MINS
This salad makes a gorgeous presentation. It is simple to create and pairs well with any protein but is hearty enough to make a meal on its own. I toss cooked shrimp onto it when I am feeling ambitious.
• 2 cups farro, cooked
• 2 cups pitted Castelvetrano olives 4 cups baby arugula
• 2 cups baby spinach
• 1 cup crumbled feta cheese (4 oz)
• 1 large lemon
• 1⁄4 cup finely chopped shallot
• 3⁄4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
• 1 Tsp kosher salt
• 1⁄2 Tsp freshly cracked black pepper
1. In a large saucepan, cook farro in lightly salted water until tender but chewy, according to package directions. Drain (if necessary) and cool completely.
2. Make Lemon-Shallot Vinaigrette: Remove 1 Tsp zest and squeeze 1/4 cup juice from lemon. In a medium bowl, whisk together shallot, lemon zest and lemon juice. Gradually whisk in olive oil until incorporated. Whisk in salt and pepper.
3. Coarsely chop olives. In a large bowl, toss farro, olives, arugula, spinach, feta and the vinaigrette. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour and up to one day.