- YIELDS | 4 SERVINGS
- PREP TIME | 10 MINS
- COOK TIME | 30 MINS, PLUS CHILLING TIME
This salad makes a gorgeous presentation. It is simple to create and pairs well with any protein but is hearty enough to make a meal on its own. I toss cooked shrimp onto it when I am feeling ambitious.
- 2 cups farro, cooked
- 2 cups pitted Castelvetrano olives
- 4 cups baby arugula
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese (4 ounces)
- 1 large lemon
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallot
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- In a large saucepan, cook farro in lightly salted water until tender but chewy, according to package directions. Drain (if necessary) and cool completely.
- Make dressing: Remove 1 teaspoon zest and squeeze 1/4 cup juice from lemon. In a medium bowl, whisk together shallot, lemon zest and lemon juice. Gradually whisk in olive oil until incorporated. Whisk in salt and pepper.
- Coarsely chop olives. In a large bowl, toss farro, olives, arugula, spinach, feta, and the vinaigrette. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour and up to one day.