YIELDS | 5-15 SERVINGS
PREP TIME | 5 MINS PLUS 24 HRS
COOK TIME | 2 HRS PLUS 3 HRS
Want a beautiful and EASY centerpiece meal for a holiday dinner or an easy to cook meal for a Sunday crowd? The ribeye roast is one of those cuts of meat that seems daunting to cook but rest assured it is one of the easiest cuts of meat to prepare. It tastes best roasted and is more of a set and forget main course. The SECRET is to prep the roast the night before. See Notes below for a perfect roast. A little preparation goes a long way!
* 5 to 10 lb ribeye roast
* 1 Tbsp Kosher salt
* 2 Tsp ground cumin
* 1 Tsp crusted black pepper
* 1 Tsp garlic powder
1. Remove roast from the refrigerator 2 hours before roasting.
2. Preheat an oven to 500 degrees.
3. Roast in a large roasting pan, in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, reduce heat to 325 degrees and continue cooking until roast is reddish-pink and juicy in the center.
4. Use an instant read thermometer inserted into the center of the roast, sideways. Roast about 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until it reaches 135-140 for rare, 145-150 medium rare or 160-170 for well-done. medium rare with an instant-read thermometer inserted into the top-center of the cut.
1. Important: Be sure to rinse off the roast, sprinkle with a generous amount of kosher salt and put it on a rimmed baking sheet in the refrigerator, unwrapped. Let sit for 24 hours before cooking
2. The cooked roast will have a some blood rise to the top but let it sit on the cutting board before slicing it. This will be one of the best roasts you’ve ever served.
3. Slice cold leftovers to add to a salad, or dice and throw into chili or reheat in a skillet with a couple of fried eggs for a weekend breakfast treat.