- YIELDS | 6 SERVINGS
- PREP TIME | 40 MINS
- COOK TIME | 0 MINS
This is one of the easiest, go-to summer soups you will ever make. It’s tangy and fresh. Add cooked chopped shrimp or chicken for a full meal. I bet this will become one of your summer favorites too!
- 3-4 cucumbers, peeled, seeds removed and coarsely chopped, about 2 cups
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 6 scallions, chopped, plus extra for garnish
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 quart buttermilk or milk of choice
- 1 pint plain Greek yogurt
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Peel cucumbers and cut them in half, scraping out seeds. Sprinkle the cucumbers with salt and let them stand 30 minutes. Drain excess water and rinse well to remove salt. This step is optional.
- Chop the cucumbers coarsely and put the pieces in the blender along with scallions, dill, lemon juice, buttermilk or milk of choice, and yogurt. Blend at high speed until it reaches a creamy consistency.
- Season with salt and freshly ground pepper to taste. Chill well before serving.