YIELDS | 4 SERVINGS
PREP TIME | 5 MINS
COOK TIME | 10 MINS
This recipe can be made with any type of flaky fish fillets and it gets golden brown thanks to the oat flour. The sesame seeds give it a wonderfully, rich flavor and nice texture. The pickiest of eaters will like it and it is easily made gluten free. Plus this is a Double Duty Recipe, see notes.
• 4-6oz fillets, white fleshed fish such as Sole, or whitefish
• 3/4 cup gluten free oat or regular flour
• 1⁄2 cup sesame seeds
• 1⁄2 cup oat or regular milk
• 1⁄4 cup avocado or vegetable oil
• 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
• Freshly ground pepper to taste
1. Add the oil to a large frying pan over medium heat. While the oil heats, rinse and pat dry the fish, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
2. Mix the flour and sesame seeds together and coat the fish with the flour mixture; shake off any excess flour.
3. Fry the fish on each side, 3 to 4 minutes. Flip the fish and cook for 2 to 3 more minutes. It is ready to serve when the flesh flakes with a fork. Set each fillet on a paper towel to remove excess oil.
4. Sprinkle with kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
Double Duty Recipe: Fish Tacos
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Slice cooked, cold fish into one-inch strips. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Wrap 4-6 tortillas in parchment and warm them with the fish for about 10 minutes. Serve with shredded lettuce, refried beans, chopped yellow onion, chopped avocado, and brown rice. Serve with hot sauce alongside.