- YIELDS | 4 SERVINGS
- PREP TIME | 5 MINS
- COOK TIME | 10 MINS
This recipe can be made with any type of flaky fish fillets and it gets golden brown thanks to the oat flour. The sesame seeds give it a wonderfully rich flavor and nice texture. The pickiest of eaters will like it and it is easily made gluten free.
Plus, this is a Double Duty Recipe. See Notes for instructions on making leftovers into fish tacos.
- 4 6-ounce fillets, white fleshed fish such as sole or whitefish
- 3/4 cup gluten free oat or regular flour
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup oat or regular milk
- 1/4 cup avocado or vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Add the oil to a large frying pan over medium heat. While the oil heats, rinse and pat dry the fish, then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Mix the flour and sesame seeds together and coat the fish with the flour mixture. Shake off any excess flour.
- Fry the fish on each side, 3-4 minutes. Flip the fish and cook for 2-3 more minutes. It is ready to serve when the flesh flakes with a fork. Set each fillet on a paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Sprinkle with Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper.
Turn leftovers into fish tacos.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Slice cooked, cold fish into one-inch strips. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Wrap 4-6 tortillas in parchment and warm them with the fish for about 10 minutes.
- Serve with shredded lettuce, refried beans, chopped yellow onion, chopped avocado, and brown rice. Serve with hot sauce alongside.