- YIELDS | 4 SERVINGS
- PREP TIME | 15 MINS
- COOK TIME | 25 MINS
If you’ve never used mayonnaise to marinate chicken or pork, you are in for a real treat. The mayo breaks down the fibers in the proteins and leaves it deliciously moist and succulent. Make your own chimichurri or buy store-bought though home made chimichurri is fresh, bright and worth the effort! This dish comes together in just minutes and will become one of your family’s favorite chicken dishes.
- 4-6 ounces bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs (or boneless, skinless thighs for a healthier option)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup or more homemade chimichurri sauce
- Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 475°F. Season chicken on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Slather equal amounts of the mayonnaise on each side of the chicken and let marinate in the refrigerator for minimum of 60 minutes or more up to 24 hours.
- Remove the marinated chicken from refrigerator and spread a teaspoon of the chimichurri on each side of the chicken.
- Heat a medium sized oven proof pan or cast-iron skillet over medium high heat and add 2 tablespoons avocado or other high smoke point oil to the pan.
- Add the chicken skin side down. Cook the chicken for 8-10 minutes or until browned. Be sure to move the chicken around in the pan so it doesn’t stick.
- Flip the chicken skin side up and pop in the preheated oven and cook for another 12-15 minutes or until the chicken registers 165°F with an instant read thermometer.
- Remove from the oven and spoon some additional chimichurri sauce over the thighs. Serve with remaining chimichurri sauce.