- YIELDS | 4-6 SERVINGS
- PREP TIME | 10 MINS
- COOK TIME | 20 MINS
This dish is an umami bomb. It is simple and highly nutritious. Substitute vegetable broth for the chicken and it becomes a vegetarian/vegan dish. Add chicken or shrimp and lo mein noodles to make it a hearty, one pot meal.
- 1 ounce dried black shiitake mushrooms
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 7 stalks or one medium bunch bok choy or eight baby bok choy, rinsed, trimmed, and chopped
- 6 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons white miso
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 1-2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil for garnish
- Sriracha, optional
- Rinse and place mushrooms in a small bowl and cover with 1-2 cups warm water, soak for 10 minutes, drain and slice but reserve the broth to use in soup.
- Place broth, shiitake broth, ginger, and soy sauce is a pot over medium heat, stir and bring to a simmer.
- Place mushrooms and bok choy in simmering broth. Let cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Divide into individual bowls or served family style in one larger bowl.
- Garnish with scallions, sesame seeds, and a drizzle of the toasted sesame oil. Serve immediately. Add a few dashes of Sriracha if you like a little heat.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!