YIELDS | 1 SERVING
PREP TIME | 5 MINS
COOK TIME | 0 MINS
I love the versatility of this dressing. It is part of the Basic Dressing family of recipes. See Basic Dressing. It is bright, sweet and earthy all at the same time and tastes great on all types of fresh greens. It is especially good on salads with the addition of chopped fruit and nuts. It is also delicious as a marinade for chicken, scallops and beef.
• 2 tablespoons Basic Dressing
• 1 teaspoon blueberry preserves or 1 tablespoon fresh blueberries, well mashed
• 1 teaspoon sage, about two marge leaves, minced
• Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
1. In a glass jar with a tight fitting lid, such as a small canning jar, add the first three ingredients and shake vigorously.
2. Add sea salt and pepper to taste. Keep at room temperature if using within a few hours or refrigerate to use later.
3. Take out of the refrigerator and bring to room temperature before using.