- YIELDS | 4 CUPS
- PREP TIME | 3 MINS
- COOK TIME | 1 HR
This is one of those recipes that you can whip up in minutes. It’s equally as good warm or cold. It only has 3 ingredients and highlights the sweetness of the season’s fresh beets.
- 3 cups beets (about 2 medium)
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon dried dill, or to taste
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Wash and trim beets. Lay a piece of foil down for each beet, making sure it is large enough to cover the whole beet. Place one beet in the middle of the foil and wrap into a package, like a Hersey’s Kiss. Before closing the top of the package, add a small amount of water, then close up the foil and roast for 1 hour. Let cool until they can be handled, then peel.
- Coarsely chop the beets, and add to a high-speed blender, along with the yogurt, dried dill, salt, and pepper. Blend on low-speed until the ingredients are mixed, then turn it to high and blend until it reaches your desired consistency. (I blended for a total of about 45 seconds.) If you’d like your soup a little less viscous, add a little bit of water or broth and give it another whirl.
- Top with a dollop of yogurt and sprinkle of dill.