A combination of rosemary, thyme, onion, garlic, and citrus make a wonderfully aromatic amalgamation to stuff inside chicken for a bright, moist bird every time. Let your imagination run wild. The secret to a succulent chicken is to fill the cavity with ingredients that will produce moisture such as fruit, veggies, herbs, and other aromatics. Always try to add an onion for depth.
Here are a few examples and combinations to consider:
- Any savory herb and or combinations such as thyme, rosemary, parsley, tarragon, and cilantro
- Halved limes sprinkled with cumin and cilantro
- Halved oranges mixed with honey and thyme
- Carrots, turnips, and celery with your favorite herbs
- Halved lemons, garlic, and thyme