- YIELDS | 4 SERVINGS
- PREP TIME | 10 MINS
- COOK TIME | 0 MINS
This dish is savory and a little sweet. Because it only takes a few minutes to make, it is deceptively easy and delicious. Its flexibility makes it a party favorite because it tastes great cold, warm, or somewhere in between.
- 15-ounce can kidney beans and or black beans
- 15-ounce can white beans (e.g., navy beans)
- 3 scallions, rinsed, chopped
- 1 medium green or red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries or raisins, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup raw, hulled pumpkin or sunflower seeds, or a combination
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1/2 cup Basic Dressing
- 3/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon curry powder, optional
- 4 cups or 2 large handfuls rinsed baby spinach or arugula
- Mix all the ingredients together, except for the greens.
- Toss the beans with the greens of choice. Season with additional salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.