YIELDS | 4 SERVINGS
PREP TIME | 15 MINS
MAKE TIME | 14-16 MINS
• 4 (4-ounce) skinless cod fillets , fresh or frozen fillets, thawed
• 1⁄4 cup white or whole wheat flour
• 1⁄4 Tsp salt
• Black pepper, to taste
• 1 egg
• 2 egg whites
• 2⁄3 cup panko bread crumbs
• 1⁄4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
• 1⁄2 Tsp dried oregano
• 1⁄2 Tsp dried basil
• 1⁄4 Tsp dried thyme
1. Preheat the oven to 425° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment and place a wire cooling rack on top of it. Place the prepped baking sheet in the oven to preheat.
2. Pat the fillets dry with a paper towel, and season with salt and black pepper, to taste.
3. In a shallow dish, stir together the flour, 1⁄4 Tsp salt, and black pepper.
4. In a second shallow dish, whisk together the egg and egg whites.
5. In a third shallow dish stir together the panko, Parmesan cheese, dried oregano, dried basil, and dried thyme.
6. Dredge each fillet in the flour, shaking off any excess.
7. Next, dip in the egg wash allowing excess to drip off, and finally gently press into
the panko breadcrumbs. Spray the tops generously with cooking spray.
8. Carefully remove the preheated baking sheet and place each fillet sprayed side down on the cooling rack and spray the other side with cooking spray.
9. Bake for 14-16 minutes, or until cooked through.