YIELDS | 4 SERVINGS
PREP TIME | 10 MINS
COOK TIME | 15 MINS
I have been working on perfecting this recipe over the years and have combined several to produce a simple, elegant and tasty version of this classic linguini and white clam sauce. This will become your go-to recipe-promise!
• 1 lb linguine
• 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
• 4 garlic cloves, smashed
• 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
• 2 dozen littleneck clams, rise, beards removed and scrubbed
• 1/2 cup dry white wine
• 1-14 oz bottle clam juice or chicken broth
• 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
Grated Romano or pecorino cheese for serving
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil; add pasta and cook, stirring often, until al dente and according to instructions. Drain well.
2. Meanwhile, heat extra-virgin olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
3. Add garlic and crushed red pepper and stir until fragrant and golden, 1 to 2 minutes.
4. Add littleneck clams, wine and juice, cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until clams open, 6 to 8 minutes.
5. Remove each clam with tongs as it opens and discard those that do not open and transfer open clams to 4 shallow bowls.
6. Add linguine to clam cooking liquid and toss well. Transfer pasta to each bowl on top of clams. Add salt and freshly ground pepper to taste. Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley and serve with grated cheese.