YIELDS | 4 SERVINGS
PREP TIME | 15 MINS
COOK TIME | 25 MINS
The secret to this fast, savory and tasty dish is the store-bought gnocchi. This dish comes together in minutes and I guarantee even Brussels sprout haters will become converts!
* 8-10 strips thick cut bacon
* 2 Lbs Brussels sprouts, about 30, rinsed, trimmed, cut in half lengthwise
* 1 package, 17.5 oz, store bought or homemade potato gnocchi. I like De Cecco gnocchi for this recipe
* 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
* 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
* Freshly cracked pepper and kosher salt
1. Prepare the gnocchi according to package instructions. While you wait for the water to boil, fry the bacon.
2. In a large skillet, cook bacon until crispy. Remove bacon and let cool on paper towels. Coarsely chop the bacon and set aside.
3. Drain all but roughly 2 Tbsps of the bacon fat and turn the heat on medium high and add the Brussels sprouts and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 8-10 minutes or until the sprouts are tender and easily pierced with a fork but not mushy.
4. Drain the gnocchi well and pour it into the pan with the Brussels sprouts. Stir to incorporate.
5. Turn the heat down to medium-low and add the chopped bacon . Drizzle the balsamic vinegar over the sprouts, gnocchi and bacon and gently stir to incorporate.
6. Move to a serving platter, sprinkle parmesan cheese, a few good cranks of freshly ground pepper and kosher salt to taste.
Feel free to add any freshly, chopped herbs. I like fresh Rosemary and or oregano.