- YIELDS | 12-14 SERVINGS
- PREP TIME | 10 MINS
- COOK TIME | 0 MINS
This homemade hummus comes together in just a few minutes and tastes incredibly fresh. Add a little feta cheese, some extra chickpeas, some chopped roasted red pepper, and a drizzle of olive oil to make the perfect appetizer. Stir into olive oil for a creamy salad dressing, or spread onto pizza dough and toss on some endive, feta cheese, and olives for an easy and healthy Mediterranean pizza.
- 1/2 cup tahini, room temperature
- Large lemon, juiced, about 1/2 cup
- Large garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 15-ounce cans chickpeas, drained but with liquid (acquafaba) reserved
- Feta cheese, roasted red pepper, and chickpeas for garnish, optional
- Fresh pita bread for serving
- Add tahini, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, cumin, and salt to a food processor or to a high-speed blender, and process for 20–30 seconds.
- Set aside a small amount of chickpeas for serving. Add 1/2 of the remaining chickpeas to the food processor and blend for 90 seconds. Stir the mixture, scraping the sides of the bowl with a spatula. Add the rest of the chickpeas (except those set aside for serving), and blend for 1 minute.
- Check the consistency; the hummus should be a little chunky. Turn the machine back on and blend for 1 more minute, slowly adding small amounts of aquafaba (reserved liquid), until the hummus is light and creamy and has reached the desired consistency.
- Spread the hummus onto a platter and top with chopped roasted red pepper, handful of chickpeas, and crumbled feta cheese. Drizzle with olive oil and serve with warm pita bread.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!