YIELDS | 4 SERVINGS
PREP TIME | 10 MINS
COOK TIME | 0 MINS
This dish is savory and a little sweet. Because it only takes a few minutes to make, it is deceptively easy and delicious. Its flexibility makes it a party favorite because it tastes great cold, warm or somewhere in between.
• 1 can (15 oz) kidney beans and or black beans
• 1 can (15 oz) white beans (e.g., navy beans)
• 3 scallions, rinsed, chopped
• 1 medium green or red pepper, chopped
• 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries or raisins, coarsely chopped
• 1⁄4 cup raw, hulled pumpkin, sunflower seeds or a combination
• 1 cup cooked brown rice
• 1⁄2 cup Basic Dressing, see recipe on this website
• 3⁄4 teaspoon Kosher salt
• Freshly ground pepper
• 1 teaspoon curry powder (optional)
• 4 cups or two large handfuls rinsed baby spinach or arugala
1. Mix all the ingredients together, except for the greens.
2. Toss the beans with the greens of choice. Season with additional salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.