YIELDS | 4 SERVINGS
PREP TIME | 10 MINS
COOK TIME | 35 MINS
This is a semi-homemade, family pleasing, easy to make and incredibly tasty dish! The secret to this fast, savory and delicious dish is the store-bought pierogi. This dish comes together in minutes and I guarantee even Brussels sprout haters will become converts! Use vegan bacon or omit all together for a vegetarian version.
* 8-10 strips thick cut bacon
* 2 lbs Brussels sprouts, about 30, rinsed, trimmed, cut in half lengthwise
* 2 packages (24) frozen Mrs T. Potato and cheese pierogies
* 1/4 cup good quality balsamic dressing
* 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
* Freshly cracked pepper and kosher salt
1. Preheat oven to 425° on a baking sheet lined with parchment, spread the bacon on the parchment and cook the bacon for 15 minutes.
2. Remove the bacon (it won’t be cooked all the way through), set aside.
3. Add the sliced Brussels sprouts and still frozen pierogie to the bacon fat and mix together until coated. Pop back in the oven and cook for 10 minutes more.
4. While the pierogie and Brussels sprouts bake, chop the bacon.
5. Remove the Brussels sprouts and pierogie from the oven and sprinkle with the chopped bacon. Bake for 10 more minutes.
6. Remove the pierogie mixture from the oven and let cool slightly and sprinkle with balsamic vinegar.
7. Carefully place the pierogie, bacon and Brussels sprouts on a serving platter. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, a few good cranks of cracked black pepper and flaky salt.