YIELDS | 12 SERVINGS
PREP TIME | 25 MINS
COOK TIME | 20 MINS
The is a savory, tangy and salty German potato salad to eat alongside a good bratwurst and sauerkraut. Bonus it is a Double Duty Recipe because the leftovers make a delicious potato pancakes. Recipe at Verysmartideas.com search “pancakes”.
* 3 cups diced peeled potatoes
* 4 slices bacon
* 1 small onion, diced
* ¼ cup white vinegar
* 2 tablespoons water
* 3 tablespoons white sugar
* 1 teaspoon salt
* ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
* 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
1. Place the potatoes into a pot, and fill with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, and cook for about 10 minutes, or until easily pierced with a fork. Drain, and set aside to cool.
Place the bacon in a large deep skillet over medium-high heat. Fry until browned and crisp, turning as needed. Remove from the pan and set aside.
2. Add onion to the bacon fat and cook over medium heat until browned. Add the vinegar, water, sugar, salt and pepper to the pan. Stir and bring to a boil, add the potatoes and parsley. Crumble in half of the bacon and stir.
3. Heat through and transfer to a serving dish. Crumble the remaining bacon over the top, sprinkle with kosher salt and freshly ground pepper and serve warm.