YIELDS | 4 SERVINGS
PREP TIME | 10 MINS
COOK TIME | 30 MINS
This dish is on rotation at our house when cauliflower is crisp and tomatoes are ripe and juicy. The olives bring a nice briny-ness to the vegetables and the garlic panko bind the dish together perfectly. This is a Double-Duty recipe: Chop up leftovers and toss into pasta for a yummy second dinner or lunch!
* 1-2 pound head cauliflower, cored and cut into bite-size piece
* 4 – 6 tablespoon olive oil, divided
* 8 cups small whole cherry tomatoes or 10 plum tomatoes, chopped and seeded
* ½ cup roughly chopped fresh parsley
* ½ cup pitted green olives, roughly chopped or more to taste
* ½ cup garlic breadcrumbs, regular-homemade or gluten-free home-made, see recipe here (or below)
* Basil for garnish, optional
* salt and freshly ground black pepper
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* 4-cloves garlic, minced
* 1 cup bread crumbs or gluten free panko
* Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
Cauliflower and Tomatoes
Preheat oven to 450°.
1. Line a 15×10-inch baking pan with parchment.
2. In a large bowl, (don’t rinse the bowl as you will use it again) toss the cauliflower with a 2 to 3 tablespoons of olive oil, sprinkle with salt and ground pepper. Evenly spread the cauliflower in th pan and roast until brown with crisp bits and fork tender, about 20 -25 minutes.
3. In the same large bowl (still don’t wash the bowl) toss the tomatoes with 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil, and salt and ground pepper and spread onto another rimmed baking sheet. and roast for about 20 minutes and until the tomatoes form a sauce, bout 20 minutes.
4. Transfer roasted cauliflower to the large bowl and add the tomatoes, the parsley, and olives and toss to combine. Pour the mixture onto a serving platter and top with freshly ground pepper, salt to taste and the garlic panko crumbs and basil, if using.
1. In a large pan heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat, add the minced garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
2. Remove the pan from the heat and toss in the panko or bread crumbs, and a pinch of salt.
3. Toss the crumbs with the oil and garlic.
4. Remove the pan from the heat and let cool until ready to use.
Use right away or store in an airtight container in
Garlic Breadcrumbs: Use right away or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.