YIELDS | 4 SERVINGS
PREP TIME | 15 MINS
COOK TIME | 25 MINS
If you’ve never used mayonnaise to marinate chicken or pork, you are in for a real treat. The mayo breaks down the fibers in the proteins and leaves it deliciously moist and succulent. Make your own chimichurri or buy store-bought though home made chimichurri is fresh, bright and worth the effort! This dish comes together in just minutes and will become one of your family’s favorite chicken dishes.
* 4- 6oz Bone in and skin on chicken thighs
* 1/4 cup mayonnaise
* 1/2 cup or more homemade chimichurri. See chimichurri recipe here
* Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper
1. Preheat oven to 475°F. Season chicken on both sides with salt and pepper.
2. Slather equal amounts of the mayonnaise on each side of the chicken and let marinate in the refrigerator for minimum of 60 minutes or more up to 24 hours.
3. Remove the marinated chicken from refrigerator and spread a teaspoon of the chimichurri on each side of the chicken.
4. Heat a medium sized oven proof pan or cast-iron skillet over medium high heat and add 2 tablespoons avocado or other high smoke point oil to the pan
5. Add the chicken skin side down. Cook the chicken for 8-10 minutes or until browned.Be sure to move the chicken around in the pan so it doesn’t stick.
6. Flip the chicken skin side up and pop in the preheated oven and cook for another 12-15 Minutes or until the chicken registers 165° with an instant read thermometer.
7. Remove from the oven and spoon some additional chimichurri sauce over the thighs. Serve with remaining chimichurri sauce.
Use skinless, boneless thighs for a healthy version.